About

Monday 25 March 2013

Fear of Boko Haram: Ijora landlords may evict Northerners

Following the recent arrest of a Chadian and four
other suspected terrorists in a raid on Thursday by
over 100 soldiers and secret service agents in Ijora,
Lagos, many landlords in the community may have
decided to evict tenants of Northern extraction.
DailyPost gathered that the soldiers and secret service
agents reportedly found an improvised explosive
device, AK47 rifles, cartridges and daggers during the
raid at number 24, Aromire Street in the densely
populated community.
Two persons were reportedly arrested at 24, Aromire
Street and three others at a location in an adjacent
street.
The arrest caused a sudden palpable fear in the
community, with many of the residents saying there
might still be more suspects living among them being
an area noticeably with high population of Nigeriens,
Chadians and Northerners.
A landlord, Alhaji Ibrahim AbdulKareem, said that one
of his tenants, a Northerner, had been living in his
house for two years.
“He has never caused trouble for me but how can I
be sure he does not have a link with these people?
I’m not sure I will let him finish the nine months he
has left. My life and that of my family members are
important to me,” he said.
Another landlord simply who gave his name as Alhaji
Bashiru Igbalaye, said, “No, no, nobody is going to
hide a bomb in my house. I’m not even sure whether
the one is my house is from
Niger or Katsina. But he has to leave by the end of
this month.
“We are all afraid right now. We have been living
with two of the suspects probably for many years.
Who knows how many are still here?,” he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave your comment,Thanks