About

Friday 1 June 2012

Why I wept before the 2011 elections – Buhari

The presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for the last elections, Muhammadu Buhari has explained the reason why he dropped tears before the commencement of the last general election in 2011. Buhari said that he wept due to the level of corruption which ravage the country. The former Military Head of State who spoke at the CPC National secretariat in Abuja said the nation needed a credible leader that would tackle the high level of corruption in the country. According to him, “I may contest in 2015 general elections, old soldier never die, I do not believe in anarchy whether political or whatever. The President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration is only taking us backward”. Buhari also kicked against how politicians and government officials do engaged in a fraudulent activities. He said, “Where is the money we are making in this country going? People are embezzling the country’s fund. The country is full of corruption. This is why I wept on completion of my campaign for the 2011 election. ” I said I would never join partisan politics in 2015. I said I would not contest in 2015 but since then,
hell was let loose, members of my party, associates and other concerned citizens started intervening. I told them that it is up to my party to decide if I would contest in 2015. And now I may withdraw my decision. “God will punish our corrupt leaders even if Nigerians do not punish them. I think the present government is reversing. From what is going on at the National Assembly and other government agencies, things are going bad. Some people have formed a syndicate and stealing billions of money in Nigeria . “I could only recall that it was the only time I ever broke down. I wept because I saw how rich this country is materially and otherwise. “The whole world is envious of Nigeria . Now, most Nigerians cannot educate their children, most Nigerians cannot have proper medical care, most Nigerian cannot afford clean water.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave your comment,Thanks