About

Monday 18 June 2012

Charly Boy: Osama Bin Laden is alive

I woke up one Sunday morning to be visited with the hardcore news that the world most wanted man was gone, I mean gone forever; not gone to Afghanistan, Yemen or Egypt. He has gone through the same violence and pain that he inflicted on the world for the past 10 years. I had not carried out my morning routine when the news hit me; but I wasn’t going for the routine any more. I was simply glued to my Television set. I sat on my bed stretching like a cat, yawning like a cock and looking like a lion to spit my cobra venom on the remains of the monster that had already been taken to the sea for burial as confirmed by an unnamed US top Official. Doubt ran through my mind as I watched with all emphasis. Then, it was simply the time to make my personal analysis of the death of the Monster even in the same doubt and confusion on why the US military intelligence chose to give Bin Laden a secret burial instead of displaying his body before the eyes of the world in order to clear any doubts that may arise. Different questions with underlined political approach ran through my mind speedily. Then I concluded that Bin Laden was dead, yet alive. I agreed to the fact the terrorist was killed, after all Al Qaeda did not issue any statement to debunk the US’ claim. But is Bin Laden truly dead? What about the relics of his past atrocities? What about thousands of Al Qaeda militia that have followed his footstep even in the
face of this dangerous revolution that has visited some extremists? Another complicated aspect of the situation is that Bin Laden will continue to live in people’s memories; he will continue to exist as though alive. The fact is that they never really saw his remains been paraded, burnt into ashes or cremated. Some may even raise false alarm on seeing a facade of the Monster. This is about the human psychology. The Americans should have understood that if Bin Laden must cease to exist in the physical, the brutality of his killing and eventual burial must not be concealed. Unfortunately, I will have to deviate. I will have to talk about Bin Laden within the shore of the country, those Osamas who have committed political and economic genocide and are still being paraded in corridors of power. It then implies in the ultimate sense that our Bin Laden is still alive and at large. Immediately after the presidential elections were decided in the country, some Osamas rose to the streets in protest, killing innocent people of the same nationality. How dangerously wicked is the heart of Man!!! I laughed my heart out when I heard that Nigerians were jubilating with the Americans that Bin Laden had been killed. I wonder if they we are in the know about the situation back here. I wonder if majority of us understand the grievances that exist in the country. I wonder if we all know that our leaders are terrorists and are bent at truncating the gradual revolution that searches for their heads. Appalling and disparaging facts are beginning to emerge with the realization that we wouldn’t take arms against each other without some Osamas within and around the scene. When I saw some youth on the streets of Adamawa, Bauchi and Kaduna, I never really took them seriously; neither did I see their demonstration as a national threat. Threat became more visible when I saw some elders in Otogbo and Agbada walking behind those boys with some dangerous weapons. Then, I realized that peace is far- fetched. The national integrity that we seek is in complete jeopardy as people perpetrate violence for their selfish gains. I had thought that the National youth Service Corps was created for peace and national integration after the civil war; little did I know that some friends and brothers have devised a new interpretation of what the scheme stands for. From their point of view, the scheme is rather for national disintegration. It is a scheme of tooth for tart. It is simply a scheme that ensnares potential leaders in form of crisis. Would you now celebrate the death of Bin Laden when we still have thousands of them in our midst? Even at the moment, I try to put myself in the shoes of those of us who live in Abbottabad-Nigeria, I mean those who live around the tall wall of Osama in Kaduna State. I feel the pain of those who have perceived the emission from refuse burnt around Osama’s house in PakistaniBauchi. I feel the pain of those innocent Nigerians that live around Osama’s house in Adamawa when the boys took to the streets. I heard their cry and their heartbeat when the two helicopters invaded and unleashed terror on them, even though they were not the actual targets. I feel your pain. But I had thought that you were expected to enjoy the privilege of living as a free citizen in your country and not as a slave. I had thought that wherever a Nigerian lives within the shore of the country, his safety was guaranteed. I really didn’t grab the point when corps members posted to the north hardly ever smile. Students of the University of Jos have closed school for the fear of some Osamas. I realized the reason behind the angry faces of our helpless corps members. I was sad, so sad when I heard the agonizing stories of our corps members who were posted to the North. The question that I will continue to ask the perpetrators is simple and straight. What have these corps members done to deserve the pain you put them through? People have become preys to people. People are now animals for others to devour. I see dangerous weapons, axes and knives making headlines on pages of newspapers. I see rage and violence treading their ugly heads because of some few individuals who feel that change is their permanent enemies. They are ready to destroy the already tarnished image of the country for the good of their people; and we commend the Americans for a selfless war on terrorism while our people are killed like chickens back here. I still believe that Bin Laden is dead but his ghost still hunts you and I in the country. Enough is enough!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave your comment,Thanks