About

Monday 18 June 2012

Kaduna blasts: I’m speechless -Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed shock and sadness over Zaria, Kaduna blasts that claimed over 48 lives. Jonathan expressed his grief in Abuja at a special service to commemorate the 2012 Fathers’ Day. When called upon by the priest to give his remarks, the visibly angry and devastated Jonathan said he received the news of the blasts in the course of the service and was really sad about the development. He said: “Particularly today (yesterday), I was quite thrilled about what was going on in the church and when I got the information that while we were here, there were explosions in Kaduna and since I don’t even know the casualty rate and what is happening; I have been quite sad and I didn’t even want to say something. “But when the priest orders you, you must say something.” While assuring that the Police will do everything possible to protect the innocent and bring the lawless to book, Jonathan however called for the support and prayers of every Nigerian for the peace of the nation and for the success of his administration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave your comment,Thanks