About

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Lupe Fiasco & Pete Rock Settle Differences

Lupe Fiasco and Pete Rock have settled their differences over the use of the ‘T.R.O.Y.’ sample. It should not have been a public issue in the first place but all’s well that ends well. Pete said the following on his Twitter. I just got off da phone lupe, we worked out our differences and we bout to get it in. Gonna be epic and we gonna give Troy and hev the Proper respect they deserve and make history with lupe. After the jump, the co-producer of the song also addresses the situation. 1st and last time I will speak on this… The interprelation of @PeteRock’s Troy was never meant to offend. To be honest, it wasn’t something that I asked or even jumped at the opportunity to do. I’m much happier to bring my own original ideas to the ears of music lovers, of which I have plenty coming out this year. However, sometimes in this business it’s hard legally to get clearance to utilize samples or original tracks. The record was written over the Troy beat and Lu’s camp felt strongly that it needed to stay there. I thought what Lu wrote was incredible and relevant to this day and age and that it was a dope juxtaposition over such an iconic beat. Lu and his camp are my family so when I was asked, not only did me and my partner say yes, We stepped up to the plate without an ego and painstakingly did our absolute best to stay true to the original without trying to flip or put our own spin. BTW, just saw Pete’s latest tweet about call w/Lu… Glad u worked it out. Didn’t know you had an issue with Lu, tho… Thought it was all on me and my partner!!! LOL…. Peace, Blessings and mad respect…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to leave your comment,Thanks